- LEMONGRASS DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced Thai or serrano chile
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- SHRIMP BUNDLES
- 24 large shiso leaves*
- 24 small, tender cilantro sprigs (a bit longer than the width of shiso leaves)
- 24 peeled, deveined cooked large shrimp with tails (31 to 40 per lb.), thawed if frozen
- calories 79
- caloriesfromfat 11 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 3.9 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 1076 mg
- cholesterol 103 mg
How to Make It
Make sauce: Trim tough ends and outer layers from lemongrass until very tender parts remain, then coarsely chop. Whirl lemongrass in a food processor until minced. Scrape into a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup water and remaining sauce ingredients.
Make bundles: Lay shiso leaves flat on a work surface, veined side up. Set a cilantro sprig across base of each leaf; then set a shrimp on top, with tail poking out the side.
Fold shiso over the rest of shrimp. Roll up bundles from base and secure each with a toothpick. Serve with dipping sauce.
* Grow your own, or find at Asian markets and specialty produce stores.