Photo: Mikkel Vang
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 day-old baguette, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- Heat oven to 400° F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the carrots and celery and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, the parsley, and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
In a large bowl, combine the bread, vegetables, and broth. Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, until heated through.
Make-Ahead Note: Prepare the stuffing for baking up to 1 day in advance.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note