Flavors in the lentil mixure are good, I cooked the lentils for 5-8 minutes longer than stated because they were still crunchy at 10 minutes.
Herb-Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 2 cup(s) red lentils, well rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 portabella mushroom caps stems trimmed and finely chopped
- 8 baby bella mushrooms diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped parsley packed
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped basil leaves packed
- 10 green olives chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine water and wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Add lentils and cook, uncovered until lentils are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. Whiel lentils cook, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over meidum high heat. Add onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add stems, mushrooms, garlic, and salt. Saute until mushrooms, about 5 minutes. Then stir in tomato paste. Continue until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add to cook lentils and stir to combine.
- 4. Add parsley, basil, olives and mix well.
- 5. Spray both sides of the portabella caps. Place on baking sheet upside down. Fill each with lentil filling. Spray tops with spray and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ROBN4409 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes