Flavors in the lentil mixure are good, I cooked the lentils for 5-8 minutes longer than stated because they were still crunchy at 10 minutes.
Herb-Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Vegetarian main dish option adapted from Hannaford Fresh Magazine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 2 cup(s) red lentils, well rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 portabella mushroom caps stems trimmed and finely chopped
- 8 baby bella mushrooms diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped parsley packed
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped basil leaves packed
- 10 green olives chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine water and wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Add lentils and cook, uncovered until lentils are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. Whiel lentils cook, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over meidum high heat. Add onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add stems, mushrooms, garlic, and salt. Saute until mushrooms, about 5 minutes. Then stir in tomato paste. Continue until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add to cook lentils and stir to combine.
- 4. Add parsley, basil, olives and mix well.
- 5. Spray both sides of the portabella caps. Place on baking sheet upside down. Fill each with lentil filling. Spray tops with spray and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ROBN4409 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note