Herb Stuffed Chicken with Braised Kale
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 piece(s) boneless chicken breast with skin
- 1 tablespoon(s) herb stuffing for each breast
- Herb Stuffed and Pan Roasted Chicken With Cider Braised Kale
- [Remove from myRecipeBox]
- [Edit Recipe]
- [Locate in myRecipeBox]
- [Comment on this Recipe]
- By Jay Comfort
- •½ cup parsley leaves
- •¼ cup marjoram or oregano leaves
- •3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- •Zest of 1 lemon
- •1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- •4 (7-ounce) chicken breasts, skin-on*
- •Kosher salt and pepper
- •4 Tablespoons canola oil
- •4 Tablespoons butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
- •2 sprigs thyme
- •6 ounces smoked bacon, ¼-inch dice, rendered with fat reserved
- •1 large shallot, julienned
- •6 cups curly leaf kale, torn into 2-inch pieces
- •2/3 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor, combine the parsley, marjoram, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil, pulse until coarsely blended. Insert a finger under the skin of the chicken and loosen a small space for the stuffing. Spoon a Tablespoon of the stuffing under the skin of each breast and smooth it to evenly cover. You should be able to see herbs under most of the skin. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the chicken, skin side down. Saute for 8 minutes, checking frequently for good color on the skin. Let chicken cook for 2 to 3 minutes more on the skin side to gain good color, then add the butter and thyme to the pan. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, baste with the butter. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs
- Return the skillet to the heat, add the bacon, shallots and bacon fat. Cook the shallots until translucent. Add the kale and sauté for 3 minutes to wilt. Deglaze with the cider, increase the heat and cover for 5 minutes. Remove the cover and reduce liquid by half. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jsteverson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Herb Stuffed Chicken with Braised Kale Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes