Made this last night and my family loved it! I was short on time, so I cooked on high for 2 hours. Peppers were tender and not at all burned. The filling was delicious! No leftovers because my husband went back for seconds and thirds!
Herb and Sausage-Stuffed Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 625mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 (4-ounce) links spicy turkey Italian sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic-and-herb goat cheese, divided
- 4 small red bell peppers (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 1. Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. While couscous stands, remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir in 6 tablespoons cheese.
- 3. Cut tops off bell peppers; reserve tops. Discard seeds and membranes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly inside peppers. Divide sausage mixture evenly among peppers. Replace tops of peppers. Place stuffed peppers in a 5-quart round electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until peppers are tender.
- 4. Top peppers evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and, if desired, sprinkle evenly with basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes