Herb-rubbed Beef Tenderloin
This recipe goes with Lobster Risotto with Herb-rubbed Beef Tenderloin
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottom ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper, and cook on all sides 5 minutes or until well-browned.
- Remove skillet from heat, and place tenderloin on a plate. Sprinkle tenderloin with garlic, rosemary, and 1 tablespoon thyme, pressing to adhere. Return tenderloin to skillet, and bake at 400° for 20 minutes (to 145° for medium rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add broth and wine to skillet, and place over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, and cook 7 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Reduce heat to low; whisk in butter one piece at a time. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Serve with sliced tenderloin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This