Herb-Roasted Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 40 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 beef slices and about 3 tablespoons mushroom mixture)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 334mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 (4-ounce) packages presliced exotic or button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-salt beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine mustard, 1 teaspoon herbs, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic, and coat beef with mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook for 2 minutes on 1 side or until browned. Turn beef over.
- 3. Transfer beef to oven; bake at 350° for 27 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; cover loosely with foil.
- 4. Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon herbs, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and salt; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add broth and brandy; simmer 4 minutes or until slightly thick.
- 5. Cut beef crosswise into 8 pieces; serve with mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes