Herb-Roasted Root Vegetables
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 204mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 12 cipollini onions (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 6 small red potatoes (3/4 pound), quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary needles
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Place onions in a medium saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute. Drain and plunge onions into ice water. Drain and peel.
- 3. Place onions, carrots, and potatoes in a broiler pan. Add rosemary and next 4 ingredients; toss to coat. Bake at 475° for 35 minutes, stirring after 17 minutes.
- 4. Place vegetables in a serving bowl. Add flat-leaf parsley and balsamic vinegar; toss gently.
- Cipollini: We found cipollini ("little onions") in a variety of supermarkets as well as specialty stores. They are small, round, flat onions that have a touch of sweetness. We also tested with two small Vidalia onions, chopped, and liked the flavor as well. To easily remove the skins from cipollini onions, boil them for 1 minute, and then plunge then into an ice-water bath. The skins will slip off easily.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables