This chicken is really good fresh, leftover or in chicken salad. Just be warned that the marinade/herb paste looks like mud!
This recipe goes with Pronto-Stuffed Pasta Shells
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (3- to 4-lb.) whole chickens
- 1. Stir together oil and next 6 ingredients until well blended.
- 2. If necessary, remove giblets and neck from chickens, and reserve for another use. Rinse chickens with cold water; pat dry.
- 3. Loosen and lift skin from chicken breasts with fingers (do not totally detach skin). Rub 2 Tbsp. olive oil mixture evenly underneath skin of each chicken. Carefully replace skin. Rub remaining olive oil mixture over both chickens, coating evenly. Place chickens, side by side, on a lightly greased wire rack in a pan.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of breast registers 165°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Note: Dried herbs and seasonings may be substituted for fresh. Substitute 1/2 tsp. garlic powder for minced, but use the same amounts for the other herbs and spices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note