This recipe was simple and good. I think it probably needs a minute more on each side; it was completely rare in the middle for us. Also, I do wish the potatoes were a little softer. I put them in the oven at 400 for a few minutes while I was preparing the roast, in addition to the time under the broiler, but they still could have used about 10 more minutes in the oven. The flavors of salt, pepper, and herbs were excellent and simple!
Herb-Roasted Beef and Potatoes
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Shoulder tender (also labeled "petite tender") is a relatively new cut of beef that's moderately lean, quick-cooking, tender, and flavorful.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces beef and 3/4 cup potatoes)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18.7g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 788mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8-ounce) beef shoulder tender roasts, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated potato wedges (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine 1 tablespoon thyme, rosemary, parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and garlic; rub evenly over both sides of beef. Place beef on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan.
- 3. Combine the potatoes, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss. Arrange potato mixture onto rack around beef. Broil 7 minutes. Turn beef over. Broil 7 minutes or until beef is desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven. Place beef on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Stir potatoes; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon thyme. Cut beef across grain into thin slices; serve with potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note