Garlic-Herb Roast Leg of Lamb
Serve a memorable Easter dinner with Garlic-Herb Roast Leg of Lamb at the center.
More From Allyou
Stand: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 62g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 192mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 6 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tinned anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 semi-boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and tied (7 to 8 lb.)
- 1. Combine rosemary, thyme, parsley, garlic, zest, anchovy fillets, pepper and oil in a food processor; puree until a fairly smooth paste forms, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Pat lamb dry and make 1-inch-deep slits all over with a small, sharp knife. Rub paste on lamb and into slits. Place lamb on a rack in a large roasting pan, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Transfer to countertop 1 hour before roasting.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roast lamb for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of lamb, not touching bone, registers 135°F for medium-rare (temperature will rise to 145°F as lamb rests), 1 to 1 1/4 hours longer. Remove lamb from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note