- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced peeled carrots (about 2 medium)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken ravioli
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 to 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- calories 320
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 1062 mg
- cholesterol 37 mg
How to Make It
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Add onion and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent and slightly golden and carrots are beginning to soften, about 7 minutes. Season vegetables with pepper.
Add chicken broth to pot, raise heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add ravioli to boiling broth-vegetable mixture and return broth to a boil.
Cook ravioli until tender to the bite (see Notes). During the last 4 to 5 minutes of cooking, add fresh peas (if using frozen peas, add at the very last minute), oregano, and thyme. Season to taste with pepper and stir in parsley. Ladle soup into wide, shallow bowls, sprinkle with parmesan, and serve.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.