- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Garnish: whole roasted shallots
How to Make It
Brush chops with 1 tablespoon oil, and rub with garlic.
Stir together paprika and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on chops. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops in hot oil 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until done. Remove chops from skillet, and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
Add broth to reserved drippings, stiring to loose particles; bring to a boil. Boil until reduced to 1 cup (about 10 minutes); skim fat. Stir together cornstarch, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually stir into broth; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Serve with chops. Garnish, if desired.