Herb Pan Gravy
Prep: 3 minutes, Cook: 4 minutes.
This recipe goes with Roasted Chicken with Fennel and Lemon
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until it melts; add flour, and cook, stirring about 2 minutes or until flour turns light brown. Add marjoram, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 2. Add wine and chicken broth, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add reserved drippings from above chicken recipe to the flour mixture, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Stir in salt and pepper. Spoon over the chicken, and serve immediately.
- If the sauce gets too thick, add a little more of the pan juices or chicken broth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments