Herb-Infused Olive Oils: Greek
Herbs and spices add interesting flavor to mild oil. Before pouring the infused oil into bottles, replace the fresh herbs; they will darken while steeping in the warm oil. Use in salad dressings and sauces, or drizzle on grilled chicken, fish, lamb, eggplant, pita bread, tomatoes, or feta cheese.
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 1 Hour
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (4-inch) long lemon peel strips
- 6 (6-inch) rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1. Pour oil in a small saucepan over very low heat; add remaining ingredients, and cook 10 minutes or just until oil is very warm but not boiling (about 150°). Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 2. Pour oil into a bottle using a funnel. Cover and store oil in refrigerator up to 2 weeks; discard any unused portion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note