Herb Noodle Salad (Bun)
Good with everything from beef to tofu. Prep and Cook Time: about 45 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Protein: 6.1g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 pound rice vermicelli or mai fun
- 1 cup each loosely packed fresh mint, basil, and cilantro leaves or sprigs
- 1 piece (3 in.) cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and sliced into 1 1/2-in. matchsticks
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Your choice of toppings:
- Grilled Beef with Lemon Grass and Garlic
- Peppery Grilled Shrimp
- Sautéed Tofu
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fried Sliced Garlic
- 3 tablespoons crushed unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
- 1. Boil vermicelli according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cool water, put in a bowl, and cover with a towel.
- 2. Set out herbs, cucumber, sprouts, and lime wedges on a platter. Set out cooked toppings on platters. Serve garnishes and dipping sauce in small bowls.
- 3. Before serving, check noodles; if gummy, rinse again and drain. Guests assemble their own salads: first noodles; then herbs (loosely torn), cucumber, and sprouts; then toppings; then garnishes and a drizzle of lime and/or dipping sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving without topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine