The fresh herbs in these wraps are amazing, especially the oregano. I expected to love the mozzarella and olives, but unexpectedly also really enjoyed the chilled asparagus. An exceptional sandwich. Served with potato chips and sliced strawberries.
Herb-Marinated Fresh Mozzarella Wraps
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 862mg
- Calcium: 130mg
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pepper ham
- 16 asparagus spears, steamed and chilled (about 1/4 pound)
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Arrange 1 ounce of ham and 4 asparagus spears on each tortilla. Spoon about 1/3 cup cheese mixture over the asparagus, and roll up.
- Note: These wraps may be assembled up to 4 hours in advance, though the tortillas will begin to absorb moisture if prepared too far in advance. Pepper ham is available in the deli section of most supermarkets. If you are unable to find it, substitute regular ham, and add 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to the cheese as it marinates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note