Great recipe. The fresh herbs really make this dish. Love that you don't have to marinate overnight.
Herb-Marinated Flank Steak
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Grill: 18 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds flank steak
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1. Place first 8 ingredients in a 2-gal. zip-top plastic bag, and squeeze bag to combine. Add steak; seal bag, and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 2. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 9 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; squeeze juice from lemon over steak. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Herb-Marinated Chicken Breasts: Substitute 1 3/4 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for flank steak. Proceed with recipe as directed, grilling chicken 7 minutes on each side or until done. Prep: 15 min., Chill: 30 min., Grill: 14 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note