Great summer recipe when my garden is full of flavorful herbs! I used a little more olive oil and marinated the chicken breasts for closer to 6 hours. The flavor was wonderful. I'll use this recipe often!
Herb-Marinated Chicken Breasts
Marinate chicken breasts in a mixture of olive oil and fresh herbs and then grill for a super-easy chicken dinner. Don't forget to squeeze lemon juice over the chicken after it's grilled as that's what enhances the flavor of the chicken and the herbs in this simple recipe.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Grill: 14 Minutes
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1. Place first 8 ingredients in a 2-gal. zip-top plastic bag, and squeeze bag to combine. Add chicken; seal bag, and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 2. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; squeeze juice from lemon over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note