Herb Lemon Butter
Time: 20 minutes, plus 30 minutes to chill. Compound butter (butter blended with flavorings) is a great and simple way to add taste and texture to a dish.
This recipe goes with Grilled Grass-fed Rib-eyes with Herb Lemon Butter
More From Sunset
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 96%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 0.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1.7mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Finely shredded zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Whirl ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a work surface. Using a rubber spatula, scrape butter lengthwise onto plastic. Lift top edge of plastic up and over butter to meet bottom edge of plastic. Roll butter toward you, evening it out into a log about 4 in. long. Twist ends of plastic to seal. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove plastic and slice off 1/4-in. portions (1 tbsp.) to serve over steaks.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 week chilled, or up to 1 month frozen, wrapped in several layers of plastic.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This