Herb Grilled Shrimp and Wilted Spinach with Fennel
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, mint, marjoram), roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 40 (8- to 10-inch) wooden skewers
- 3 (10-ounce) packages baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Soak skewers in warm water at least 20 minutes while shrimp is marinating.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over low heat and wilt spinach with fennel seeds, about 3 to 4 minutes (do in two batches if necessary). Remove skillet from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat broiler or grill. Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers. Broil or grill the shrimp until just done, about 5 to 6 minutes. Serve shrimp and spinach with the beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This