Herb-Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon-Herb Feta
These skewers are great served over hot couscous or orzo. Complement this dish with a side of steamed asparagus or zucchini. The lemon-herb feta would also be a delightful accompaniment to grilled fish.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 20.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 171mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 24 medium shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2. Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer, and place skewers in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3. Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons oregano, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- 4. Prepare grill.
- 5. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 5 to 6 minutes or until done, turning skewers occasionally.
- 6. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and feta cheese; toss gently.
- 7. Remove shrimp from grill, and place 2 skewers on each of 4 plates. Top evenly with lemon-herb feta.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note