- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 24 medium shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- calories 140
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- protein 20.2 g
- carbohydrate 1.6 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- cholesterol 171 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 327 mg
- calcium 68 mg
How to Make It
Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer, and place skewers in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons oregano, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 5 to 6 minutes or until done, turning skewers occasionally.
Combine remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and feta cheese; toss gently.
Remove shrimp from grill, and place 2 skewers on each of 4 plates. Top evenly with lemon-herb feta.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.