Wonderful taste and so elegant!
Herb, Garlic, and Mustard-Crusted Fillet of Beef
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 404mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place beef on broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the mustard evenly over beef. Combine remaining ingredients; pat evenly over beef.
- Insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of beef. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note