Herb and Garlic Dressing Soufflé
To "heighten" the effect of this soufflé, use a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish, allowing the soufflé to puff for presentation.
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- Brush a 1 1/2- or 2-quart soufflé dish with 2 tablespoons butter; dust with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley and next 6 ingredients.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add yolks, beating well. Add garlic mixture; beat well.
- Heat milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles begin to appear around edges of pan. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot milk into yolk mixture; add to remaining hot milk. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thickened and thermometer registers 160°, whisking constantly.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a large bowl; gently fold in remaining 2 cups breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gently fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine