Herb and Garlic Dressing Soufflé
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- Brush a 1 1/2- or 2-quart soufflé dish with 2 tablespoons butter; dust with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley and next 6 ingredients.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add yolks, beating well. Add garlic mixture; beat well.
- Heat milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles begin to appear around edges of pan. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot milk into yolk mixture; add to remaining hot milk. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thickened and thermometer registers 160°, whisking constantly.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a large bowl; gently fold in remaining 2 cups breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gently fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This