Herb Garden Salad
More From Health
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar-snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1. Place eggs in a saucepan; add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 12 minutes. Run eggs under water to cool; peel eggs, cut in half, and reserve.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt; place a large bowl of ice water near stove. Boil asparagus 2 minutes or until bright green. Transfer asparagus immediately to ice water (reserve boiling water). Reserve ice water and repeat with snap peas, boiling 1-2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. In a bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. In a serving bowl, combine asparagus, peas, watercress, herbs, and eggs. Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads