Herb Garden Salad
Fresh parlsey and mint leaves add refreshing flavor to Herb Green Salad that's tossed with asparagus, sugar snap peas, and watercress along with boiled egg halves dotting the leafy greens. Prep: 20 minute; Cook: 20 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar-snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1. Place eggs in a saucepan; add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 12 minutes. Run eggs under water to cool; peel eggs, cut in half, and reserve.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt; place a large bowl of ice water near stove. Boil asparagus 2 minutes or until bright green. Transfer asparagus immediately to ice water (reserve boiling water). Reserve ice water and repeat with snap peas, boiling 1-2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. In a bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. In a serving bowl, combine asparagus, peas, watercress, herbs, and eggs. Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads