- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar-snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- calories 123
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 5.9 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 93 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 169 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place eggs in a saucepan; add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 12 minutes. Run eggs under water to cool; peel eggs, cut in half, and reserve.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt; place a large bowl of ice water near stove. Boil asparagus 2 minutes or until bright green. Transfer asparagus immediately to ice water (reserve boiling water). Reserve ice water and repeat with snap peas, boiling 1-2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
In a bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. In a serving bowl, combine asparagus, peas, watercress, herbs, and eggs. Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.