Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
A judicious amount of butter is used to brown the pork and sauté the shallots and garlic, resulting in a robust dish with minimal fat. Use all spinach, if you prefer. Roast an extra head of garlic, which you can spread on a sliced baguette.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 665mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 6 medium shallots, quartered (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 1/4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups trimmed arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap garlic head and each shallot separately in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- 3. Place 1 tablespoon butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or until melted. Rub butter over pork; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Place pan in oven; bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Remove pork from pan; cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. While pork stands, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in potato; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in broth and wine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach, arugula, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme; cook 1 minute or until greens are lightly wilted. Slice pork crosswise into 12 pieces. Serve pork over potato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This