Well my family is not big on lamb so I made this with pork tenderloin and it was incredible. I NEVER shy away from a recipe if it calls for a meat or ingredient that I don't like. This would be delicious on a lean cut of beef roast.
Herb and Citrus Roast Leg of Lamb
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Orange and lemon in the marinade make for a bright counterpoint to the earthy cumin. Stuff leftovers into pitas, and drizzle with yogurt.
Yield: Serves 16 (serving size: about 3 ounces)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (about 6 medium cloves)
- 1 (6-pound) bone-in leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine the first 11 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Place lamb in a roasting pan; rub with garlic mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove lamb from the refrigerator. Sprinkle lamb with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place lamb on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray, and place rack in pan. Let lamb stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 4. Roast lamb at 425° for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° (do not remove lamb from oven); bake an additional 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 135° or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 20 minutes; slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note