- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (about 6 medium cloves)
- 1 (6-pound) bone-in leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 241
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 35.2 g
- carbohydrate 1.8 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 109 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 255 mg
- calcium 20 mg
How to Make It
Combine the first 11 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Place lamb in a roasting pan; rub with garlic mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Remove lamb from the refrigerator. Sprinkle lamb with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place lamb on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray, and place rack in pan. Let lamb stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 425°.
Roast lamb at 425° for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° (do not remove lamb from oven); bake an additional 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 135° or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 20 minutes; slice.