Herb Chicken Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Grill: 22 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 large sweet onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 red bell peppers
- 6 (2- to 3-oz.) ciabatta or deli rolls, split*
- 5 ounces soft ripened blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- Herb-Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Cut onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Brush with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cut bell peppers into 1-inch-wide strips. Place pepper strips in a large bowl, and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Grill onion and bell pepper strips, covered with grill lid, over 400° to 450° (high) heat 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and tender.
- 3. Brush cut sides of rolls with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and grill, cut sides down, without grill lid, over 400° to 450° (high) heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted.
- 4. Spread blue cheese on cut sides of roll bottoms; top with arugula, bell pepper strips, chicken, and onion. Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of roll tops. Place roll tops, mayonnaise sides down, on top of onion, pressing lightly.
- *French hamburger buns may be substituted. We tested with Publix French Hamburger Buns.
- Note: We tested with Saga Classic Soft-Ripened Blue-Veined Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches