- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 348
- fat 12.9 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 46.8 g
- carbohydrate 10.7 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 112 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 579 mg
- calcium 114 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket; close opening with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add chicken to pan, and cook for 2 minutes on 1 side or until browned. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet (browned side up); broil for 8 minutes or until done.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, red pepper, and spinach; cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.