Herb and Cheese Coins
Walnuts and blue cheese blend deliciously in these little savory cookies. Pour your favorite wine, and welcome your friends over.
Make ahead; Quick & easy
Yield: 4 dozen
- 2 (4-ounce) packages crumbled blue cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup toasted, ground walnuts
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Tiny fresh herb sprigs (we tested with rosemary, thyme, and sage)
- Beat cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour and nuts; beat until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 (8") logs. Wrap logs in wax paper, and chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1/4"-thick slices, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush lightly with beaten egg white. Press herb sprigs firmly into each slice.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make-Ahead Tip: You can chill logs of dough overnight, and slice and bake the next day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers