Herb and Cheese Coins
Walnuts and blue cheese blend deliciously in these little savory cookies. Pour your favorite wine, and welcome your friends over.
Make ahead; Quick & easy
Yield: 4 dozen
- 2 (4-ounce) packages crumbled blue cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup toasted, ground walnuts
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Tiny fresh herb sprigs (we tested with rosemary, thyme, and sage)
- Beat cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour and nuts; beat until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 (8") logs. Wrap logs in wax paper, and chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1/4"-thick slices, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush lightly with beaten egg white. Press herb sprigs firmly into each slice.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make-Ahead Tip: You can chill logs of dough overnight, and slice and bake the next day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note