Herb Buttered Potatoes and Corn
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 315mg
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, each cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ears corn (3 1/2 lb. unshucked or 1 1/2 lb. frozen)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a large saucepot, cover potatoes with water and 1 tsp. salt, and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes, put them in a large bowl and set aside; cover with foil to keep warm. Leave water in saucepot.
- Using a sharp chef's knife, slice corn kernels from cobs. Bring potato water back to a boil and add corn. Cook for 1 minute; drain. Combine potatoes and corn in a large bowl. Toss with butter and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Change the herbs. If you don't care for thyme, swap in another herb, such as marjoram or oregano.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables