- 6 (3/4- to 1-pound) dressed pompano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shrimp And Crab Meat Stuffing
- 18 small shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 slices bacon, halved and cooked until limp
How to Make It
Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry. Lay fish on a cutting board; slit side of fish lengthwise, beginning 3/4 inch from head and cutting down center of fish to tail. Cut flesh away from bone down both sides of backbone to the tail, allowing the knife to run over the rib bones to form a pocket for stuffing.
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Stuff each fish equally with Shrimp and Crab meat Stuffing. Place 3 shrimp over each pocket opening; top each fish with 1 tablespoon chopped olives and bacon half.
Place stuffed fish in 2 greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dishes; cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fish to a serving dish. Serve immediately.