Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with Lobster
Photo: Tara Sgroi; Styling: Rebecca Bull Reed
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 8 large yellow heirloom tomatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and seeded
- 1 orange bell pepper, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 large or 2 small leeks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red jalapeño chile
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 (1 1/4-pound) lobsters, steamed and shelled
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema, crème fraîche, or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Process first 9 ingredients, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped cilantro. Chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- 2. Slice lobster tails into medallions, and split each claw into 2 pieces by cutting across the flat side.
- 3. Combine crema, lime juice, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 4. Divide gazpacho among 6 bowls. Top evenly with lobster, crema mixture, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note