Delicious, I added some fresh mozzarella, as another reviewer recommended. Loved the fresh herbs, especially the tarragon.
Heirloom Tomato and Beet Salad
Heirloom Tomato and Beet Salad delivers a vibrant and delicious vegetable salad showcasing summer's sweet and juicy tomatoes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 medium-sized red beets
- 2 medium-sized golden beets
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Trim roots and stems from beets. Pierce beets with a fork, and wrap in foil. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel beets and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Combine chives and next 6 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine cherry tomatoes and about 5 teaspoons mustard mixture; toss to coat. Divide sliced beets and sliced tomatoes evenly among 6 plates. Drizzle each serving with about 3 teaspoons remaining mustard mixture. Top each serving evenly with cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note