Heirloom Tomato, Baby Basil, and Sourdough Salad
Heirloom tomatoes are relatively new to Australia, and due to the growing influx of farmers' markets gracing Sydney's streets, Jane and Jeremy can now access them readily in summer months. This is their take on a classic panzanella salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 3 (2-ounce) slices sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/4 pounds heirloom cherry tomatoes (larger tomatoes halved)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine or granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed baby basil leaves
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Arrange bread on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until well marked. Cool slightly; tear into chunks. Combine bread and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- 3. Combine oil, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Drizzle over bread mixture; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads