- 3 (2-ounce) slices sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/4 pounds heirloom cherry tomatoes (larger tomatoes halved)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine or granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed baby basil leaves
- calories 157
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 6.7 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 3.4 g
- carbohydrate 15.4 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 239 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Arrange bread on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until well marked. Cool slightly; tear into chunks. Combine bread and tomatoes in a large bowl.
Combine oil, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Drizzle over bread mixture; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil leaves.