Heirloom Tomato, Arugula, and Bacon Sandwiches
Try a slightly new interpretation of the classic BLT with a flavored mayo. You can prepare the mayonnaise mixture and cook the bacon up to one day ahead. Heirloom tomatoes can vary in size, so use your judgment: If your tomatoes are small, add a slice or two more.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 8 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- 8 center-cut bacon slices, cooked
- 1 cup arugula
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 1 side of each toast slice. Top each of 4 toast slices with 3 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices, and 1/4 cup arugula. Top with remaining 4 toast slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This