Heirloom Squash Farrotto
- 4 cup(s) butternut squash, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 cup(s) farro or barley
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) jalapeni, minced
- 2.5 tablespoon(s) lemon juice, divided
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup(s) red onion, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, thinly sliced
- Toast cumin until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Grind in spice grinder. Mix 1.5 into yogurt. Add 1 T lemon juice and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss squash in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Cook farro in water. Drain.
- Saute, onion, garlic, chili and garbanzo beans.
- Toss together with 1.5 t cumin and 2 T lemon juice
This recipe is a personal recipe added by keensolutions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Heirloom Squash Farrotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables