Heidi's Sour-Cream Potato Salad
This is a delicious sour cream potato salad that's been a summer staple in my family for years. A great alternative to the more traditional pickle relish potato salad.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Celery Seed, to taste
- 3/4 cup(s) Celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) clear Italian dressing
- 4 Eggs, hard-cooked
- 1/3 cup(s) Green Onions, sliced, tops only
- 1 cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) Prepared Horseradish Mustard
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Red Potatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) Sour Cream
- Cook potatoes in jackets in boiling water until tender. Meanwhile hard cook eggs if not previously done. Drain potatoes, peel, and slice.
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl, pour dressing over warm potatoes; chill 2 hours.
- Peel eggs and separate yolk from whites. Chop egg whites and set yolks aside.
- Add celery, onion, and chopped egg whites to potatoes.
- In a small bowl, sieve yolks; mix with mayonnaise, sour cream, and horseradish mustard; fold into salad.
- Add celery seed to taste.
- Chill 2 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by socalmomof2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note