this was a great recipe! will make over and over!
Heavenly Chicken Lasagna
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) container refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients. Reserve 1 cup sauce.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with half each of sauce, spinach mixture, and chicken. Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat procedure. Top with remaining 3 noodles and reserved 1 cup sauce. Cover and chill up to 1 day ahead.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Cantadina Light Alfredo Sauce, found in the dairy section of the supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles