This cake was delicious! It's sweet but not too sweet. Very easy to make...I was afraid the topping wasn't going to spread...I had no problems. Can't wait to make again...perfect with tea.
Yield: Makes 15 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package pound cake mix
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1-inch pieces and softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- Beat first 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 more minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Process almonds and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until almonds are finely chopped and mixture is creamy, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Remove cake from oven. Drop almond mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls evenly over warm cake.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until almond mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven; spread almond mixture evenly over cake.
- Broil cake 4 inches from heat 1 minute or until top is lightly browned (edges of cake may get dark). Cool on a wire rack.
- Beate Ruffin, Alexandria, Virginia
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts