- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced parsnips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
How to Make It
Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Brown pork in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Layer pork and vegetables in a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour broth over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 hours.
Stir together flour and butter in a small bowl; gently stir into stew one tablespoon at a time. Increase heat to HIGH setting; cover and cook 30 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.