Hearty Turkey-and-Tortellini Supper
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (13-oz.) package cheese- and spinach-filled tortellini*
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (28-oz.) can tomato puree
- 1/3 cup dry red wine**
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Brown turkey and chopped onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- 3. Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, tomato puree, and next 4 ingredients to turkey mixture in skillet. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- 4. Add prepared tortellini to skillet, tossing to coat. Sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
- *1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled tortellini may be substituted.
- **Beef broth may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Cheese & Spinach Tortellini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes