Hearty Tomato Blend
Use this mixture in gazpacho, as a base for Bloody Marys, or as an addition to your favorite spaghetti sauce.
This recipe goes with Italian-Seasoned Chicken Breasts
More From Southern Living
- 3 (28-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1. Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- To freeze: Place 2 cups of tomato mixture in a 1-qt. zip-top freezer bag; seal bag. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture. Place bags flat on a baking sheet, and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note