Hearty Spanish Rice
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups regular or converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon KnorrÂ® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) RaguÂ® Old World StyleÂ® Sweet Tomato Basil Smooth Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
Add rice and garlic and continue cooking, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in Bouillon and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
Stir in Pasta Sauce, corn and chili powder. Return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in cilantro and let stand covered 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped fresh cilantro.
Preparation time: 15 Minute(s)
Cook time: 40 Minute(s)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables