Hearty Sausage-Bean Chili
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 740mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped onion, celery, and pepper blend, thawed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chunky chili tomato sauce
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Place over medium-high heat, and cook until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain.
- Return meat mixture to pan; add kidney beans and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
- Tip: Look for turkey breakfast sausage in the refrigerator section with the other tubes of breakfast sausage or in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes