It's requested at Easter Dinner every year! SO good!
Hearty Salmon Strudel with Dill
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 19.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet (about 1 inch thick), skinned
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled red potato
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Place salmon fillet on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and pepper evenly over fillet. Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Cut fillet into small chunks; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine potato, milk, and leek in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir well; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gently stir in fish chunks, dill, and cheese. Set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, coat remaining 7 phyllo sheets with cooking spray, placing one on top of the other. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over phyllo, pressing gently to seal sheets together; discard plastic wrap.
- Spoon potato mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of potato mixture on each end.
- Starting at long edge with 2-inch border, roll up jelly-roll fashion. (Do not roll tightly, or strudel may split.) Place strudel, seam side down, on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Score diagonal slits into top of strudel using a sharp knife. Lightly spray strudel with cooking spray.
- Bake strudel at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This